Regent Tweet 2012

The weather was great, which in the last weeks means that it did not rain and it was not cold. About 100 influential bloggers, some of them from France and Belgium as well, gathered on the 23rd of June at the Swarovski Crystallized Lounge for the annual event "Regent Tweet".
Everyone with mobile at hand was ready to start this day of shopping and lifestyle with many brands in Regent Street and surroundings involved. During the day Twitter has been  the way to communicate experiences, meetings, goodies received and much more to the Base Camp at the Lounge and to receive tweets with the latest offers and challenges. A fun day which has been very healthy as well walking laden with bags, so the treats received to some of the places involved helped  to sustain us while visiting shops indicated in our shopping vouchers given at the beginning of the day.

This is our Base Camp at the Swarovski Crystallized Lounge, where we could recharge our phones, upload pictures on our blogs, drop our bags for more places to go and relax with something to drink.

After a tasty breakfast at Tibits I went to the Apple Store for a lecture about technology and how it is rooted in our lives. In here  Arwa mahdawi is illustrating some facebook apps about fashion. Very interesting, followed by a talk about "The Space" by Professor Christopher riley and at the end a lecture about technology and photography by Sadhna Jain and Marek Kultys.

Regent Street be ready, nearly 100 women are taking up arms with their smartphones and a badge sticked to their jackets. During all day it was such fun meeting people and exchanging tips or just a smile, like belonging to a special club.

At Molton Brown, one of my stops I've picked up a lovely little bag with a mini bottle of bath and shower gel while engaging in a nice conversation with the lady at the counter. The purpose of Regent Tweet has been to introduce us to shops, new and established ones, experiencing their products, partecipating in competitions and challenges and receiving a small gift in order to bring home something to remember from the several shops visited.
Quintessentially British Hawes & Curtis greeted us bloggers with a glass of champagne and a goodie bag with cute knot cufflinks for women and a pair of cufflinks for our halves together with a great discount to be used in store. I've discovered some great women shirts colourful and with fantastic patterns.
I'm looking forward to wear the t-shirt received at Superdry inside a vintage style tin. My Regent Tweet bag is already full to the brim with hand cream by Crabtree & Evelyn, a frog with Liberty fabric and some body products picked at the REN skincare counter in Liberty and delicious chocolate boxes from Godiva. For this one we had to upload a picture of what we liked in the shop and tweeting it, and I'm telling you it was very difficult to make a choice because everything was on my favourite list.
A stop at Argentinian ice cream parlour Freggo was on the card, literally, because we could sample a cup or a cone of this fantastic ice cream giving our voucher to the lovely lady in the picture. While tasting my delicious ice cream I've organised my next visits and tweeted my whereabouts to Base Camp. Freggo is one of these places where I'm going again, not just because the interior is purple, my favourite colour, but the ice cream is absolutely yummy.
I've popped into Uniqlo to pick up a great top which is going to be one of my staple garments for this summer and many to come. All these visits made me realise of the many offers in shops at the moment and to plan a future visit for a bit of a shopping spree. At Sebago I've tasted some delicious finger food while partecipating in a instore competition and I've left with a beautiful diary and a 20% discount.

After a spot of lunch offered by the newly opened Whole Foods Market in Piccadilly Circus, me and a group of bloggers have been involved in a cupcake masterclass at this venue and I've managed to decorate in a decent way this monster cupcake which I've taken home and enjoyed  for breakfast on Sunday morning. We needed rest because the afternoon has been very busy with more shops to visit, cocktails to sample, a bit of grooming courtesy of Four London.

 Back  to the Swarovski Crystallized Lounge to rest and hoping to be the winner in one of the planned draws. I love this place and this sparkling couch is brilliant in the real sense of the word. I had a drink, a chat with some bloggers and with the girls behind Sister PR who organised the event in a fantastic way as usual and after the draw which saw winners happy with their prizes, especially quite a few who came in the morning by Eurostar just to be here for the event, I went home to unveil all my lovely gifts.

My gifts at the end of the day, the chocolate truffle were very nice, I had to eat them quickly in case the weather gets hot, the hand cream tubes by Crabtree & Evelyn are going to be in my handbag for a treat massage while on the bus. The boxset from Ren Skincare smell beautifully of Moroccan Rose and the tea towel from Anthropologie is going to be a nice addition in my yellow kitchen. Whole Food Market treated me to a canvas bag full of natural goodies like echinacea tablets, aromatic salt and other very useful items sold in the shop. My denim jacket already sports a Guess pin with pink cz and their exercise book with a pen is going to be a set that I will use during London Fashion Week.
Regent Tweet this year I was a bit shy and not very familiar with a smartphone, but I hope to receive the invitation at the next edition so to enjoy in full a day that it has been a great fun.

Popular Posts