Beyond Skin Shoes at Scoop

I went to the Saatchi Gallery for the Autumn/Winter 2013/2014 edition of Scoop International Fashion Show and as usual I've seen quite a few things that tickled my fancy. Among the various exhibitors, my heart went to the new collection of Beyond Skin shoes. I know the company, I know what they stand for and their ethical commitment. So many reasons to like them. For the next season the collection is absolutely fabulous, it looks like they 've been asking me what colours they could use for their production. Orange, purple, gold, teal, fuchsia, really they could have been sneaking in my wardrobe and take notice of what I'm wearing. I could not stop saying " Oh I want this, and this, and look at this" Honestly I was like a kid in a sweetshop, left on her on devices.
I fell in love with this 1970s print and not just because the two predominant colours were orange and purple, even if I must admit those two beauties in the picture match anything inside my wardrobe. The platform court shoe in fabric has got the heel and the platform in faux suede made in Italy from recycled material. I think I'm going to buy the lace up shoes in purple with fabric insert on the front. With the unpredictable English weather, the faux suede material won't stain and the shoes will look their best.
With the same print for the buckle on the front, the model Sissy is another one on my wish list. Made in faux suede or patent , these are perfect for comfortable and stylish feet at the same time. All the shoes made by Beyond Skin are leather free and vegan, in order to fulfil a niche of the market where who is vegan can still find shoes that are of high quality, trendy and in accordance with her own belief.
Every season Beyond Skin supports an animal charity. Some of the revenue from the sale of these slippers will go to the chosen charity. I guess that the model Mylo will have something to do with horses and their well being.

Beautiful and perfect worn with a pair of trousers, the model Mona will light up any outfit. I could see them pair with a trousers suit, maybe grey or black and a blouse matching one of the colours of the shoes, great for the office. Or denim and a neutral jumper when relaxing at  a friend's house. Casual with a twist.
As well as Autumn colours like purple or orange, for the festive season gold, red and silver hasn't been forgotten with a line comprising these models perfect to wear with a cocktail dress for the office Christmas party. These shoes will be available to buy from August. Check the website for anything else you want to know and for orders www.beyondskin.co.uk

Popular Posts